banner-50
lefthomeaboutpastarchiveright

Comment relating to the article -'The World’s most Persecuted'

Comment on Rohingyas And Other Illegal Immigrants

I. Mallikarjuna Sharma

The best measure will be to identify all Rohingya refugees - legal or illegal, detain them and locate them in one or more refugee camps in Dandakaranya or some other vacant region in central India, providing basic facilities and by phases shift them to camps in Bangladesh and then render adequate financial aid to these refugees in Bangladesh in alliance with other countries. Or if Pakistan is willing to take them, they can be sent there too. This process should be completed within utmost 6 months. But in no case they should be allowed to stay for any indefinite period in our country. In no case they be permitted to reside in J & K (now reports are that some thousands such illegal Rohingyas are in Jammu) and all the Rohingya residents in J & K be rounded up and shifted to cental India within one month.

As I repeatedly stated, Bangladeshi Muslim immigrants have also to be identified, declared as temporary refugees and deported from our country, at least those residing from the cut off year 1991 (if not 1971 as demanded by AASU and other Assamese movement bodies and at that time in principle agreed to by the Central Government of the day). This process should be completed within one year from now. Otherwise our country will go to the dogs.

I. Mallikarjuna Sharma, Advocate and Editor, Law Animated World
<mksharma55@gmail.com>

Frontier
Vol. 50, No.10, Sep 10 - 16, 2017